Study: Attacks on package managers (inclusing apt)

Hi all,

Today there were some news about a study from the University of Arizona
regarding security issues with package management systems (like apt). I
did not yet read the whole study, but probably it's interesting for the
project (they write about "vulnerabilities"). The study is here:

http://www.cs.arizona.edu/people/justin/packagemanagersecurity/attacks-on-package-managers.html

and some ongoing discussion here:

http://lwn.net/Articles/289883/

(maybe some of you are already involved in the discussion there).

I'm sorry, if this has already been brought up. I did not find a posting
regarding this study, so I hereby start this thread).

Regards, Daniel