Re: sudo fix

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 03:56:41PM +0200, Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 03:13:47PM +0200, Markus Kolb wrote:
> > Well, I've written it is for sarge.
>
> Jeroen van Wolffelaar commented, when he reopened the bugs, that packages
> had been mailed to the security team.
>
> BTW, if you do an analysis of a  vulnerability like this CC: the bug report
> just in case the maintainer does not follow -security (or open up the bug
> report is there isn't one).

Hm, yeah, I missed this thread when preparing a fix (and as far as I
know, Bdale isn't subscribed here). Cc'ing the bug definitely would have
prevented that.

That being said, I failed to find the actual patch/package in the
original mail in this thread. Could you please download the fixed
packages as referenced in #315115, and (1) check whether they work and
not have regressions, and (2) whether there is a difference with the
patch prepared by you, and if so, whether that's significant in any way?

Please followup to the bug and cc me if you've tested and/or compared
the updated packages.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar