Re: Bad press related to (missing) Debian security

martin f krafft wrote:
> Not meaning to disspell it, but isn't this essentially a bug
> tracking system or ticket system done slightly differently?

No, if it were a bug tracking system we could use the Debian BTS and not
bother with it. It's a vulnerability/non vulnerability tracking system;
we use it to not only track holes that affect testing, but just as
importantly, holes that do not. It allows us to know that every security
issue has been checked out by someone with no gaps (our historical
checks of all security holes since woody found holes that were missed
from being tracked in the BTS).

Of course it works with the BTS, and once the BTS gets version tracking
certain bits of it will become more automated.

--
see shy jo