Re: Bad press related to (missing) Debian security

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, martin f krafft wrote:

also sprach Marek Olejniczak <marek@olmar.poznan.pl> [2005.06.28.0854 +0200]:
Sarge has many security holes in packages and kernel, and some of
this holes are critical. In my opinion Sarge isn't stable
distribution now, it's dangerous distribution.

Then don't use it.

I must use it. Sarge is working on a ISP production servers.

We are working to fix it. The last thing we need now are people
complaining and moaning.

I'm working for many ISP providers. And now I have problems with security on this servers. What can I do? I can't patch by hand every bug on many servers!

Other distros don't have such problems with security. I'm complain because I think it was mistake to install Debian Sarge on this servers. :-(

---
Marek