Re: Bad press related to (missing) Debian security

also sprach Marek Olejniczak <marek@olmar.poznan.pl> [2005.06.28.0854 +0200]:
> For me "stable distribution" means "secure". Is now Sarge secure?
> No, it isn't!

Most installations are secure. I know security is a delicate topic,
but there is no point in polemic exaggeration.

> Four weeks after new release of Debian,

Get your facts straight.

> Sarge has many security holes in packages and kernel, and some of
> this holes are critical. In my opinion Sarge isn't stable
> distribution now, it's dangerous distribution.

Then don't use it.

We are working to fix it. The last thing we need now are people
complaining and moaning.

`. `'`

"it always takes longer than you expect, even when
 you take into account hofstadter's law."
                                                 -- douglas hofstadter