Re: Bad press related to (missing) Debian security

also sprach Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> [2005.06.27.2026 +0200]:
> I expect it would be enough if they were all active, but that has
> never been the case for this group.  Wichert, Daniel, Michael and
> myself are all de facto inactive for various reasons, and have
> been for some time.

I, for one, very much appreciate your directness and prompt answer
on this matter, Matt!

> The security team has always been a difficult one to expand.
> A strong level of trust is necessary due to confidentiality
> issues, and security support is a lot of (mostly boring and
> thankless) work.  However, expanding it seems like the only way to
> make it sustainable.

Yes. Let me ask you this: what would you deem the ideal size of the
team? In the beginning you said 5-7 would be enough. Would you make
it bigger if you could?

: :'  :    proud Debian developer and author: http://debianbook.info
`. `'`

"'this must be a thursday,' said arthur to himself, sinking low over
 his beer.  'i never could get the hang of thursdays.'"
                                 -- hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy