Re: woody kernel image

Paul Hink <email@p-hink.de> wrote:

> Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 2005-01-29 22:56:39, schrieb smj@littleprojects.org:

>>> Where is it posted that the dropped support for 2.4.18?
>>
>> It was on <debian-devel> and <debian-kernel>
>
> Both of which are lists mainly intended for "developers and
> experienced users" according to <http://lists.debian.org/>.
>
>> They told, there are too much kernels to maintain and droped
>> 2.4.(18-22) They sugested to use one of the Backports.
>
> And of course this is nothing to inform the ordinary users about, is
> it?

Just to make sure that there are no misunderstandings: I would be
really sorry if the information I based my statements upon turned out
to be wrong. I completely relied upon the correctness of the mails here
in this thread and did not find it neccessary to search the archives
myself. Sorry, this might have been a mistake.

Paul