Re: woody kernel image

Am 2005-01-29 22:56:39, schrieb smj@littleprojects.org:
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 07:12:21PM -0800, peace bwitchu wrote:
> > This has been bothering me as well.  They dropped
> > support for kernel 2.4.18 when Herbert Xu left but I
> > don't remember seeing any notification of this.  I
> > roll my own but how many boxes out there havn't been
> > patched because they didn't know?
>
> I had no idea this had happened.  I wish I knew.  I have a machine
> running a Debian Woody webserver on 2.4.18 right now which is exposed
> to the Internet.  Granted, apache is in a chroot jail and I have iptables
> blocking all ports but 80 and 22, but still, I would have liked to have
> known that 2.4.18 was not being maintained.
>
> This should be posted somewhere easy to find so that folks know.
>
> Where is it posted that the dropped support for 2.4.18?

It was on <debian-devel> and <debian-kernel>

They told, there are too much kernels to maintain and droped 2.4.(18-22)
They sugested to use one of the Backports.

Thanks to Norbert Tretkowsky (nobse) for <http://www.backports.org/>

All my WOODY-Servers running 2.4.27 (selfcompiled) now.

> --Shawn

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi