Re: [meta] Set reply-to to something else?

Better to bounce or moderate entries from non-subscribers, IMOHO. That
would cut down on the spam quite a lot better than probabilistic filters
as well.

There are probably reasons why this hasn't been done, although most
non-debian mailing lists seem to take this approach (and see none of the
noise).

Allowing spam through has the nasty side effect of harming link-weighted
web search -- once messages hit the archives all of the backlinks add to
the ranking of the target (evil) pages.

- Adam