Re: [SECURITY] [DSA-594-1] New Apache packages fix arbitrary code execution

Quoting Steve Suehring <dsec@braingia.org>:

> If I'm not mistaken the vulnerabilities existed in two files found in
> apache-common.  Since apache-common is a prerequisite for apache-ssl,
> updating apache-common should correct the vulnerability.  I could be
> wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am.  :)

You are correct. The files are /usr/bin/htpasswd and
/usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_include.so. Both are indeed in apache-common.

Otherwise, the apache-perl package might be affected too. Not only
apache-ssl.

HTH,
Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| "... putting a mail server on the Internet without filtering is like   |