Re: Patches that break stuff

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 10:53:01AM -0400, Robert Brockway wrote:
> Are any hard stats available on how many Debian package upgrades have had
> to be replaced because they broke something?  I'm thinking the total number of
> broken updates in 2.2 and 3.0 is 0 plus or minus 1 :)

It's definitely greater than 0.  In recent memory (earlier this year),
we released a kernel image package that didn't contain any modules.
Naturally it was fixed quickly, but I'm sure it lead to at least a
couple of unbootable systems.

I think there were probably a couple other issues, but I don't know off
the top of my head.

noah