Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 08:13:48 -0700
From: Adam Morley <adam@gmi.com>
To: security@debian.org
Subject: Squirrelmail XSS + SQL security bug?

Hi,

I noticed recently that squirrelmail released a new version to fix a few bugs in its code base:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=4199060&forum_id=1988
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/10246/

But I haven't seen anything from Debian --- and I'm wondering where exactly I should ask the question, "Is Debian's squirrelmail vulnerable to this?"  I noticed a debian-security, but its listed as a "Developer" mailing list on lists.debian.org, and -user doesn't seem like a place I should go for security information (or is it?).

I read the FAQ, but that wasn't helpful in this case (or maybe I'm missing something!) --- it strikes me that it was not immediately obvious to me, a new user of Debian, where to go to find out about a possible security problem, that may or may not affect Debian.  Am I to always assume the Security Team will never "miss" a security update?  Or is there a forum where this should be directed?

Thanks in advance,

--
adam

----- End forwarded message -----