Re: encrypted filesystem using losetup

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 01:57:13PM +0200, Hans van Leeuwen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to make an encrypted filesystem using losetup with the "-e"
> parameter and twofish.
> The problems is that I keep getting the following error:
>
> The cipher does not exist, or a cipher module needs to be loaded into
> the kernel
> ioctl: LOOP_SET_STATUS: Invalid argument
>
> Which module is required and how can I apt-get / compile it?
> I use debian woody stable with kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4.
ptrace vulnerable :)

echo deb http://therapy.endorphin.org/cryptoapi/ >>/etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update
apt-get install cryptoapi-core-source cryptoloop-source

You can then use make-kpkg modules_image to build the modules for your kernel,
im not sure if you can do it with just headers, you may need full
kernel source.

hope that helps.

--
hugh