Portsentry issue/problem

Folks,

I was experimenting with Portsentry for the first time in a while,
using nmap to help scan for the open ports on a beta test box (Debian
3.0 upgraded).

What I noticed beforehand, ports were closed beyond 1024 (did
nmap -sU -sT <IP addy>).  After installing Portsentry, there were
about 10-20 ports open beyond that, including the bo2k and Trinod
cracker ports.

I removed Portsentry, ran nmap again, ports are closed.  Is this a
known issue with Portsentry?  I have not yet reference the Portsentry
site at this point, but figured that this may be a common occurance.

Open for some $0.02.

--- Crawford

The I.T.E.C. Company
P.M.B. 146