Re: [d-security] script for security update notification

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 04:18:47AM +0200, Christian Jaeger wrote:

> Finally someone asking about what I'm having in mind since i'm using
> Woody...:) - namely a helper app that allows you to
> 1. let your production machines run without having to do risky
> upgrades just to be sure that you won't miss security updates.
> 2. favourably also check the current unstable changelogs so that you
> will not be "burned" because of the ~2 week delay in woody.

apt-get install apt-listchanges

> At 15:11 Uhr -0400 24.05.2002, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> >I wrote a program to extract changelogs from source packages and place them
> >in a relational database, and a CGI program to fetch changelogs for an
> >arbitrary range of versions, but it would have to be run automatically from
> >katie or such to be useful, and I got no response to inquiries about that.
>
> Would the idea be to then provide those entries on a central public
> server? That would sound cool. What do you mean with 'would have to be run
> from katie'?

Yes, the idea would be to provide a CGI or suchlike which could retrieve
changelogs on-demand without downloading the entire (source) package.
The import program would have to be run each time a new package was added to
the archive, in order to keep it up to date.

--
 - mdz