RE: MD5 sums of individual files?

It is more than possible.  There are people that have figured out how to pad
a file to make the checksums the same.  They don't have to worry about the
fact that your checksums cannot be changed because they will fake theirs to
match.  This is much more work and would require that the hacker have more
skills than the regular script kiddy.

Pat Moffitt
MIS Administrator
Western Recreational Vehicles, Inc.