Re: Server reboots

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 01:07:26AM -0500, Josh Hattery wrote:
> The system is a Celeron 300a (o/c 450, haven't had a problem in 2
> years) on an Abit BH6 motherboard.  Bios is made by Award and I'm not sure

Try without the o/cing, of course I know you don't want to do that, but if
you really want to try to fix it...

> if power management is enabled in the Bios, but it's not compiled into my
> current kernel.

I'd compile it in, and have the kernel auto turn it off.  If you have an atx
MB, it should shutdown your box on halt.

> I don't have any software watchdogs running.
>
> I have an identical CPU/Motherboard pair that used to be in another box of
> mine, but I haven't gotten ambitious enough to swap the two and see if it
> continues to have the problem.  I also don't know if it's worth the effort
> since it could be a simple design flaw.  *shrug*

Compare them.  What's the difference on the two systems?  Are both running
linux?  Does one have more power hungry devices connected to it?  Did you
check the temperature?  Power supply?