RE: Woody ssh exploit

>  I installed ssh 2.3.0p1-1.11 from unstable on my woody machines at home.
> It works great.

Actually that's OpenSSH 2.3.0p1.  I seriously wish the Debian team would stop calling it SSH and label it properly.

OpenSSH is Free Software.  The commercial release of SSH from SSH Communications is *not*.

The current release of OpenSSH is 2.5.1p1.  p stands for "portable" - for use on non-BSD systems.

2.5.1 not only contains new features it also has a few security fixes.  Theo De Raadt is also claiming that OSSH 2.5 is the most universially compatible SSH implementation out which means it should work well with all other implementations from other vendors.

Get free personalized email from GTE at http://www.gtemail.net