Re: secure install

> > Is there a way to prevent the installation of those packages? Why are
> > these installed? Where is it configured?
>
> Assuming you use dselect, it'll automatically select any Standard
> priority packages. Personally, for secure installs, I start by doing a
> bare minimal install (just the packages in base2_2.tgz) and then
> apt-get install any other packages on an as-needed basis.

Does that mean that if someone installs a package with dselect, dselect
will in any case install all those unwanted packages?
If I understand what you mean, you may not use dselect to install
packages, or you'll get some unwanted packages installed. Is that right?

Thanks

Raph

--
   Open Source and Free Software Developers Meeting
         3rd and 4th february 2001, Brussels