Re: Nessusd

Greetings!

On 13 Feb, Craig wrote:
> I am trying to setup nessusd ... been though the config files but I keep
> getting the following error message
> when trying to connect via the windows client:
>
> ERROR: Server doesn't support NSP/0.3 protocol. Connection terminated.

The nessusd in Debian 2.2 is a 0.9x version whereas the Windows client
is a 1.0.7 (probably) release. The client-server protocol changed some
time ago. So you either have to use 0.9x server AND client - or both
1.0.x.  Best solution would be to update the server to 1.0.7.  Just
unins tall the debian file, grab the current tarballs from
http://www.nessus.org/ and install that manually.

Bye
	Volker

--