SSH security vulnerability (fwd)

I have not verified this problem, but the advisory looks quite decent.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 13:07:08 -0800 (PST)
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@gatwood.net>
To: mklinux-announce@lists.apple.com, mklinux-users@lists.apple.com
Subject: SSH security vulnerability

I don't usually announce security vulnerabilities, but this one hits close
to home.  There's a broad, sweeping security hole in basically every
version of ssh, both commercial and non-commercial, including OpenSSH.
This is fixed in OpenSSH 2.3.0.  You are strongly urged to upgrade your
systems.

Note that there is NO CERT ADVISORY for this yet, as the vulnerability was
only discovered yesterday.  I've included the pertinent information below.

The MkLinux Team

-dg