Re: Math/Science track for Debconf10: Presentations/Talks and coordinator needed

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:04:37PM -0500, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 03:24:01PM -0500, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> > Would anyone like to volunteer to coordinate a track on Science and
> > Mathematics in Debian for DebConf 10, or nominate someone who would
> > do this well?
>
> Thanks to all who volunteered on the list. Sylvestre and Michael
> (Hanke), since Michael Banck (CCed here) had already been working on a
> Science round table proposal for Debconf10, he would be taking up some
> coordination duties for arranging events in this stream. This doesn't
> really mean that he's "won" the job, or is the "sole" deciding
> authority, and I am sure he would be coordinating with us all on
> making this stream a success. So, let's all help him out.

Just to be very clear, I'd like to point out that I meant the science
"track", as opposed to "stream". Excuse me for the gaffe.

In addition, if folks here have a request for a talk on a particular
topic, which they would not be able to present themselves, it would
still be nice to convey the suggestions to the list and/or Michael, so
that others who might like the idea could take it up, and potentially
talk about that subject.

Thanks!

Kumar
--
This code passes Torvalds test grades 0, 1 and 2 (it looks ok, it
compiles and it booted).

		-- Alan Cox