Re: Relinquishing some unofficial packages and infrastructure

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 07:03:25PM -0700, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:

> If no one takes over this stuff, most of it will probably disappear into
> the ether (or at least the recesses of web.archive.org) when I retire
> from Debian in the not-very-distant future.

IMHO it would be a good idea to at least move the coding part to Debian
Science SVN/Git repository to make sure the coding will not be lost.  We
might add the inofficial packages to the tasks files as prospective
packages and mention the fact that the development is stalled until
somebody will take over.  It would be a shame if Kevin's work would be
just lost.