Additional task: science-neuroscience

Hi,

while parsing the task listings of debian-science and -med I started
to wonder whether it would be useful to add another one.

I'd like to hear your oppinions about establishing a
'science-neuroscience' meta-package. The justification would be to
provide a single point of entry for a neuroscience workstation (what
else).

I think that it would be useful to have such a package, as the
interesting candidate packages are a bit scattered around. Neuroscience
research includes conducting psycho(logical,physical) experiments
(pyepl), brain-imaging related work (med-imaging, although not
necessarily targeting medical topics), including analysis and
visualization (science-imageanalysis, -numericalcomputation), but also
the statistical analysis of behavioral data (science-statistics).  As
large parts of the neurosciences are closely-related to psychology it
could also absorb packages not even listed in any task right now (e.g.
praat).

And finally there are not-yet-created packages I have no clue where to
put in the current set of meta-packages, e.g.

  http://topographica.org/Home/index.html

(clearly neuroscience, but not imaging per se, yet not a general purpose
simulator, ...)

I'd volunteer to take care of such a meta-package, if that is necessary
at all, or helps to establish such.

What do you think?

Michael

--