Re: [RFC] New task: science-dataacquisition

Hi All:

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Chris Walker wrote:

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

I added a Data Acquisition section to the physics wiki page[1] - so I
agree it is an excellent idea. There doesn't seem to be a free
equivalent that fills the space occupied by Labview - and it would be
nice to have one.

We have been developing a data acquisition and control system for our beamline at the Advanced Photon Source. It can also be used for general purpose DAQ as long as we have drivers for the devices. The biggest problem is that the documentation is not quite ready for prime-time but there are already Debian packages on my private repository. We have been using these packages at the beamline for several years. My intent is to get it into lenny+1. The control system is called MX

http://mx.iit.edu

and the repository is

                               etch
deb http://debian-xray.iit.edu lenny main contrib non-free
                               sid

I can put this on the wiki if people think it is a good idea.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology