Re: yacas and Mathematics task

2008/11/12 Chris Walker <chrisw@chiark.greenend.org.uk>:
> Yacas[1] looks to me an obvious candidate for the mathematics
> task. However I've not actually used it, nor am I a mathematician, so
> objections/support for adding it would be appreciated.

Yacas seems like a toy to me. It has a very small subset of features
of mathematical significance, and it's not very actively developed.
It's got a few good ideas, but it hasn't advanced sufficiently to
impress me.

It is, however, mathematical software, marginally useful, and it
doesn't have a large footprint, so I wouldn't mind having it as a
mathematics task (this is tasksel we're talking about, right?).

- Jordi G. H.