Re: Package categories

"Christophe Prud'homme" <prudhomm@debian.org> writes:

> > === Finite Element Analysis ===
> > proposed -- field::physics:fea
> >  (it isn't clear to me that this should be in physics rather than engineering, so maybe field::fea would be better)
> agreed or field::engineering::fea

That would be field::engineering:fea by anology with the biology subfields.

> if field::engineering exists

It doesn't - but a science-engineering metapackage has been created,
and therefore perhaps it should.

> note that it could also fit in math / numerical methods for those who
> are interested in developing  numerical methods in the codes below
>

> > Exotk
> > Code_Aster
> > OpenFoam
> > OpenFLOWer
>

> > Salome
> to my knowledge Salome does not provide a fe code !

AFAICT from http://www.salome-platform.org/home/presentation/overview/
while salome doesn't perform FEA calculations, it can be used to
create meshes and display results from FEA - which is why I suggested
it in that category. It wouldn't however fit in a numerical methods
category.

Chris