Re: Package categories

Le Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 07:03:58PM +0100, Chris Walker a écrit :

> The debtags available don't seem to have quite enough granularity -
> but perhaps I've missed something - so I've knocked up a very
> incomplete list of sections that packages might drop into.

Hi Chris,

If I understand correctly, the Debtags are not granular on puropse.
Better categorisation is supposed to be acheived by combining them. For
instance Field::Chemistry, Use::Viewer instead of
Field::Chemistry:Molecular grahpics.

This said, there are cases where creating subfacets are definitely the
best solution. For instance for biology, we obtained the creation of the
Field::Biology:molecular, :bioinformatics and :structural subfacets.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles