Debian-science: synthesis about VCS & repository structure

Hello,

After many emails and interesting discussions, it is time to make a
synthesis.

VCS
---
Keeping two repositories will be confusing, harder to maintain and a bit
non-sense.
Since nobody complained about git choice, I proposed that git becomes
the only VCS that debian-science uses.

Repository structure
--------------------
Since there are many concerns about the "category structure" and the
structure proposed by Manuel [1] seems a good one:

-- debian science
   +-- homepage => the website of Debian-science
   +-- packages => packages
        +-- bar
        +-- foo
   +-- policy => documents describing the debian-science
   +-- taskss => Package "work in progress"
   +-- ...

At the moment, there is no need to split packages by letter, it will
only create a feeling of emptiness. But when we will reach ~ 100
packages (and I am sure we will), we could reconsider this.

If there is no strong objections, I will migrate the current svn to git.

Sylvestre

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2008/05/msg00142.html