collaborative packaging project on alioth

Hi All;

I a theoretical computer scientist and mathematician and sometimes
debian packager (although not a DD, DM, etc..).

I'm thinking about an alioth group to package some software related to
optimization and geometry, specifically polymake
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=461976) and 3 packages
(cddlib, lrslib, and nauty) that it depends on.

I'm not sure what the best scope should be: this stuff, math software,
science?  Would some of you be interested in joining such an effort,
and if so, under what parameters?

David