Re: ROOT 5.16 in unstable?

On Thursday 30 August 2007 10:32:40 Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 10:08:33AM +0200, Steffen Moeller wrote:
> > I am a DD and we can do this together when I am in Copenhagen for the
> > NorduGrid conference
> > (http://indico.hep.lu.se/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=318)
> > later in September. I am CCing to Anders who is also interested in Debian
> > at your site.
> >
> > Frankly, alone for the immense resources that ROOT requires, I do not see
> > much of a chance to get it compiled on, say, Motorola 68k platforms.
>
> Hey! I signed your key, didn't I mention that you have to support m68k now?
> If you need an account on an m68k box for testing, just say so. And one
> fine day, I will have my Falcon with 100MHz and 512MB RAM running again, if
> that is not sufficient to compile ROOT, maybe the problem is at the other
> end?

Nice machine! I admit that I somewhat stood still timewise with the 10MHz 512K
Fat Mac :o) Just kidding. No, you did not tell me. I just mentioned M68k
since I like it as a long term Mac user, although I read in this today's
newspaper that Motorola is stopping production of their cell phones in our
common neighbourhood Flensburg.

Copenhagen-Christian, please have a look at the machines presented on
http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi. You should find help there, too, though if
M68k is of concern for you, then you cannot get a much better associate than
Kiel-Christian.

Kind regards to everybody else at the Baltic sea

Luebeck-Steffen