Re: Installing the whole set of scientific packages

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 7:51 pm, Michael Gilbert wrote:
>  - debian-science-structural

As a geologist I think I know what this means but I'm pretty sure its not the
same thing that you think it means. :-)

>  - debian-science-geophysical
>  - debian-science-climatology

If you use a definition similar to that of the American Geophysical Union
(study of the "Earth and its environment in space") climatology would fit
under geophysical. If not "atmospheric" might be better as it covers a
broader range of timescales.

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 9:01 pm, elw@stderr.org wrote:
> - debian-science-archaeology
> - debian-science-anthropology

I think these are pretty much the same thing too. In the USA you get a degree
in anthropology and on the other side of the pond you get a degree in
archaeology.

--
Jed Frechette
http://jdfrechette.alturl.com