Re: How much interest in a "debian-science.org" repository?

Am Sonntag, 23. Juli 2006 22:49 schrieb Thomas Walter:
> On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 06:38, Luca Ingianni wrote:
> I have not talked about splitting, maybe wrong wording.  Have a look at
> 	http://alioth.debian.org/softwaremap/trove_list.php

Hm... Are we actually talking about the same thing?
This is a link list perhaps similar to freshmeat. Quite useful, but I thought,
the discussion was about how to organize the actual repository, that is, its
directory structure (which governs what the sources line and its handling are
like.
Such a list would be a good idea as it is truly useful, but it is a wholly
different thing to what has been discussed here (as far as I have understood
it). I think you misunderstood what was being discussed (or else I have :S )

> In repo similar to that, you have one source and one list of packages.
> Each package holds tagged attributes and you can select what you want to
> be installed on your box.

Well, that's the concept of debtags anyway, isn't it? But, again, it is
indipendent of the repo structure, which was discussed here.

Best regards,
Luca