Re: Mathematica and Windows

Hello Yigal,

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 21:21, Yigal Weinstein wrote:
> You are right Steffen.  I am moving back to XP as my primary OS.  Good
> luck to all.  Linux, Debian and GNU are all good ideas that have not
> actualized into what they could be.  I cannot take months to get my
> modem to work on my laptop, months to get the CAS to work like I want
> it to etc..  Both of these are related to the idea of free but of
> inferior quality.  I don't want to make this a flame but I have spent
> so many hours trying to make my computer work and am very
> disappointed.

Hmm, from your description I assume you mix to completely different
kinds -- OS versus SW.

If I have a chance to get a SW running on UNIX-like platforms what is
possible with some of these proprietary SW-package, I would always use
them on a UNIX-platform as this runs much more stable, can handle large
size of data without going near to look like dead.
And if there will be a crash, then only one application is dead not
everything.

Finally, it looks much more like you have an issue with your computer
and its hardware- and software-environment than with specialized
software.

Kind Regards,
Thomas