Re: Mathematica and Windows

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 00:59:53 -0800
Yigal Weinstein <yigal.weinstein@gmail.com> wrote:

Here is a frustrated man with a large blog like letter.
This is not just about MM though.  We are working as a team I suppose.  What
is it thousands of people using Debian millions using Linux and even with
our strength of numbers we are feable compared to these comercial
distrobutions.  This makes me sick- especially with the ammount of time I
have spent trying to get my laptop Debian system working.

2. Why are programmers not working together on projects?  I mean there is
gnuplot, pplot, xmgrace etc. and they are worse at graphing than MM or
Maple.  We have so many brilliant people working on these programs and yet
the outcome is almost never the same quality as the propriatary stuff.

Sorry if I come off as a raging idiot.  It is just that I have spent the
last 6 months trying to make Debian do what I want and time and time again I
am dissapointed.  We have the resources the intellectual capability of more
than a thousand minds but very little is coming of it.  My thesis advisor
has just switched from Mandrake to Macintosh.  This is rediculous.  Thanks
for reading.
Yigal Weinstein

The code is open, so change it to fit your desires.

The underlying GUI widget kits are all complete crap. They're not even
on par with win95. That would be the best place to start;)