Re: [pkg-bioc] Re: Genetics Program

> | > That is exactly the rub: I am not a BioC user, and I can't be the
> | > default maintainer for another few dozen (or dozen squared) packages.
> |
> | Could we arrange a BioC repository for Alioth?
>
> Well we *do* have one in pkg-bioc [ which has refocussed on pkg-"CRAN and
> BioC" but not been renamed ].
Hm. We store the script there, but it was not yet decided if it was ok to
upload the .debs, so my understanding.

> Just as you "can't be partially pregnant", you can't have packages
> "partially inside Debian".  If you are serious about contributing, join so
> that you can upload your packages so that they become fully-fledged
> packages, get autobuilt, ported, get BTS coverage etc pp
You explain this to someone else, right :-?   The script is very nice already.
From my perception the main work towards Debian quality is on the upstream
packages to document themselves better. My personal /etc/apt/sources.list is
very long already and I would not mind adding some more repositories. The
upload to Debian would from my perspective mainly be motivated by the
autobuilders and the BTS.
[..]
> But we *do* have a standing offer to host Debian workshops in Spain. Why
> don't we go for it?
Let's go for it. I see two goals:
1) education of the participants
2) getting together to improve the BioC infrastructure
For 2) we would not really require to meet, though indeed 1) might be
beneficial to get support for 2).

Steffen