iraf

Hi,

I'm wishing to package some astronomical software for debian (iraf, pyraf, pcfitsio).
I've contacted the debian-mentor mailing list for this and he replies to me that iraf was part of woody and that it was removed from it because of some policies concerning the FS (some of the file installed by this version were installed in /opt).

Does some of you knows more about this ? Is it really difficult to manage to install everything in /usr ???

Ced.
--

Cedric BRINER
Geneva - Switzerland