Re: HDF/HDF5

  macy> Doing two channels at 192KS/s, that has to be binary.

Not sure what you're saying here ...

That *you* are working with two channels sampled at 192KS/sec,
and that you need to use binary format as well?

  macy> Did you look at .wav format?

I really hadn't considered that (though some years ago I did work
with such files while investigating the so-called "Mozart Effect").

The .wav file format is more general than I really need.  I just want
the raw samples ... but, using those PCM-based files *is* an idea ...

  macy> Can play that back directly too.

Yes, and visualize ... with the many .wav-compatible applications that
are available.

But as mentioned, I wish to output to a digital-to-analog converter
(after first possibly applying one or another digital filter) with
little pre-processing of the data's format.

  macy> Are you at 24 bits per sample, or only 16?

16.

That's due the the DAQ board I'm using (National Instruments PCI-MIO).

Thanks for your comments!

  -Kenneth