Re: Sponsoring science packages

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 22:41, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Frederic Lehobey wrote:
>
> > Could not we settle something similar for science packages?
> > (like pkg-debian-science).
> If you ask me the field "science" is a little bit unsharp.  If you
> want to attract people you need people in more specific fields.
> It's quite unlikely that somebody in the field of chemestry will
> package a geographical package which he will never use.  In the

[snip]

But this would be a good top level entry point to sub-categories like
Physics
Chemistry
Astronomy
Plotting (an idea may be to tag with 2D and 3D)
Biology

As there may be an overlap, using attributes may be also an option.
Doing something similar to all packages would also help in finding a
package category.

Kind Regards,
Thomas