Re: Imview package

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Teemu Ikonen wrote:

Nice to see this list liven up so quickly, obviously there seems to be
a need for it among Debian using scientists. There has already been a
number of useful unofficial Debian packages and repositories
mentioned, so I might as well put a plug here for one I've made.
Ups - I hope we will be able to migrate good stuff inside Debian.  The
growing number of inofficial software with really good stuff is annoying.
IMHO people who are maintaining these archives are wasting time because
these inofficial packages are below the horizont of the huge mass of their
potential users.

A year or two ago I was looking for a way to visualize data from 2D
X-ray and neutron detectors.
This could be a great target for Debian-Med.

deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free

if anyone wants to take a look. Package names are imview and imview-doc.
Tell me if you got some response.  If not I'll do the sponsoring because
it is interesting for Debian-Med.

Many thanks for your interest