Re: Spectrophotometer software

Hallo Stephan,

I suggest to have a look at the Perl Data Language (PDL)
http://pdl.perl.org/
which has all the nice features of perl (easy to learn, lots of modules
in cpan, several possible guis like Tk, Gtk, ...) and the high-level
access to the data language.

PDL supports a lot of different data types and a lot of different
mathematical tools like fitting algorithms, matrix operations, ... .
I have tested several numerical languages like matlab, octave, IDL, but
the easiest way to combine GUI, numerical calculations and to access the
devices is (to my opinion) PDL,

Andreas