Re: Spectrophotometer software

Not certain this is what you want, but take a look at
octave which is under GNU licensing.  It's high enough
level you don't have to think too much about it as you
program.  Being completely open source you can modify it to
meet your needs.

I use octave on 20 to 30MB data files, doing some nonlinear
analyses, and just went through some *very* difficult
pattern recognition efforts.  I would have been dead in the
water without octave.  It's designed to be very Matlab
compatible.  If you're familiar with that.  I once had free
MatLab and removed it from my system.  However, I use
octave everyday.

Octave now has an FLTK interface to simplify GUI designing.
 I have not used it so cannot vouch for it.

It is my impression that octave runs best on Linux systems.
 But also runs well on Macs and Windows, both Win98 and XP.

                - Robert -