Re: gnuplot + readline

On 8/11/05, Lothar Ketterer <superapotheker@m-air.de> wrote:

> My question is if i missed some configuration somewhere for the
> expansion (some keyboard thing?). Or, if i didn't, if there is a specific
> reason for the package being built without GNU readline support.

The following is from /usr/share/doc/gnuplot/README.Debian:

libreadline
-----------
Yes, the built in readline of gnuplot is bad. However, libreadline
cannot be used instead because it is licensed under the GPL, whereas
gnuplot has special licenses (patches only). Linking those programs
together is forbidden by the GPL. Please don't file bugs telling me to
use libreadline in gnuplot...

Short of building your own package, my only recommendation is to use
'' instead of 'full-file-name' when referring to the last file
accessed by gnuplot.

Igor