Re: gnuplot

On 8/10/05, Andre Lehovich <andrel@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have two objections to Gnuplot.  First, it doesn't include a real programming
> language.  This means the various types of data manipulation needed to set up
> most plots have to be done by an external program.

This I agree with. But I don't think gnuplot was ever meant to be a
full blown data analysis environment. When some extra data processing
is needed, I've found that it couples very nicely with octave, or a
short external C/perl/... program.

> Second, when gnuplot
> doesn't produce exactly what you want, it is difficult or impossible to make
> significant changes to the plot.

Could you expand on this point? What kind of changes did you have in mind?

Thanks.

Igor