Re: debian-science@lists.debian.org has been created

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 10:12:30PM +1000, Pascal Hakim wrote:
> This list has now been created.

Thanks to Helen and Pascal.

Just for your information I have started to put some material on
Debian wiki:

  http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianScience

(I have much more material on my side, as using Debian for scientific
research is a long date goal of mines, but it takes time to put the
most relevant parts on the wiki).

A project that may worth have a look or even be involved in is the
debtags effort:

  http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/

more information there:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2005/07/msg00083.html

The scientific application are mostly not yet properly classified.
And I believe being involved in this classification would be a very
good exercise to discover what is already available.

If you post links or information on this list, I will try, as time
permits, to put them on the wiki too.

Best regards,
Frederic Lehobey