Re: Russian Fonts for Gnome

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:04:30 +0300 (MSK)
 Andrei Demekhov (Andrei) wrote:

 >> LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
 >> GDM_LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8

 Andrei> Hello. Maybe I have missed some earlier details, sorry if so.

 Andrei> relevance for the subject. Maybe you try to change the default
 Andrei> locale to ru_RU.KOI8-R. It seems easier and "more default" to

John, I'm still not using UTF8 locale, so please try koi8-r?

 Andrei> As for font environment in general, the output of following
 Andrei> commands are useful:

 Andrei> xset q

 Andrei> (the part related to Font Path)

 Andrei> and (if according to the default, the 1st part of the path is like
 Andrei> unix:/7100), the "catalogue" field from /etc/X11/fs/config.

Of course, I forgot to ask you to check font path! So please describe
FontPath options from your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file here.

Do you have defoma installed?

Ttf fonts are placed into separate place (not into /usr/lib/X11/fonts).

For example, ttf-bistream-vera is installed into
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-bitstream-vera/, and with defoma I set
FontPath in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to:

Section "Files"
        FontPath        "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"

--
Serge Olkhowik <solo@isd.dp.ua>
ISD Configuration Management Team <cm@isd.dp.ua>