Re: Changing the default version of Ruby to be 1.9

On 03/01/12 at 08:00 -0500, Sam Ruby wrote:
> ruby-switch is not found using Ubuntu 11.10.

Right. I try to keep track of what Ubuntu includes or not, but that's
usually the first task to suffer when I'm too busy.
A good way to do that is to start from
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
and submit Ubuntu sync requests where needed.

Normally ruby-switch should be imported automatically since it should
reach Debian testing before Ubuntu's "Debian import freeze".

> I downloaded debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso with the intention of
> running it inside VirtualBox.  Graphical install froze: no response
> to tab keys or mouse.  Non-graphical mode puts out what appears to
> be an unending stream of "INFO: kbd-mode: setting console mode to
> Unicode (UTF-8)" messages.  Trying control-C produces a Segment
> Fault, after which the messages resume.

Probably a virtualbox problem. Have you tried kvm, or simply using a
chroot built with debootstrap?

> Rails 2.3 is not out yet, but if somebody can point me to the
> instructions on building a package that will be accepted, I will see
> what I can do.

Uh? Rails 2.3 was released a long time ago.

Lucas