Re: RFS: ruby-bunny
On 04/05/11 at 05:12 -0400, Varad Deshmukh wrote:
> Dear mentors,
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "ruby-bunny".
> * Package name : ruby-bunny
> Version : 0.6.0-1
> Upstream Author : Chris Duncan <email@example.com>
> URL : https://github.com/celldee/bunny
> * License : MIT
> Section : ruby
> It builds these binary packages:
> ruby-bunny - A synchronous Ruby AMQP client.
> The upload would fix these bugs: 624614
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: Wanting to be a part of Debian.
Can you confirm that your motivation for packaging this is that you want
this software to be part of Debian, and not yourself to be part of
If your motivation is to contribute to Debian, I would love to sponsor
one of the packages that need migration from ruby-pkg-tools to gem2deb
> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> - URL: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/ruby-bunny
> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/ruby-bunny/ruby-bunny_0.6.0-1.dsc
- There's a "2" file in debian/ that shouldn't be there
- There's an empty line in changelog
- Do you really want to maintain it on your own? Why not join the
pkg-ruby-extras team? (if you want to join the team, add it as
Maintainer and set you as Uploaders, and uncomment the Vcs-* lines)
- shouldn't homepage be https://github.com/celldee/bunny ?
- Description: what's AMQP ?
- trailing whitespace in control
- You should have a Files: debian/* paragraph in copyright (see other
- address FIXMEs in ruby-bunny.docs ruby-bunny.examples ruby-tests.rb