Re: remove ruby1.6

Nico Golde wrote:
> Do you have an idea how many of them are packaged with
> 1.8 too?

The following source packages generate binary packages
for ruby1.6 only:

  aswiki
  drb (*)
  erb (*)
  gnome-ruby
  libhonyaku-damashii-ruby
  libiconv-ruby (*)
  libmutexm-ruby (*)
  libnet-acl-ruby (*)
  libopenssl-ruby (*)
  liboptparse-ruby (*)
  libstrscan-ruby (*)
  libyaml-ruby (*)
  libzlib-ruby (*)
  racc (*)
  riece
  rsjog
  ruby-eserver (*)
  soap4r (*)
  tdiary
  testunit (*)
  tictactoe
  webrick (*)
  xmlrpc4r (*)

Packages marked with "*" is merged into ruby1.8.

Gnome-ruby provides binary packages for ruby1.6 only.
But gnome2-ruby provides binary packages for ruby1.8.
(And gnome-ruby is obsoleted by upstream author.)

Riece (riece-google and riece-rdcc) depends on
ruby1.6 or ruby1.8.

libhonyaku-damashii-ruby is a library to connect to
very old proprietary application.  I think that
there is few users of this package.
(<URL:http://popcon.debian.org/contrib/interpreters/by_inst>)

I don't know about aswiki, rsjog, tdiary (tdiary-plugin)
and tictactoe.  (I use tDiary on ruby1.8 and I have no problem.)

Thank you.
--
akira yamada