Re: About the Ruby packages split: a concrete proposal

* akira yamada [Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:44:42 +0900]:

Hi akira,

> At first, thank you for some proposals and many comments about
> ruby1.8-packages.  And I am sorry for my late reply.

> My proposal about restructuring of ruby1.8-packages is below:

  OK, it's very late here and will have a look tomorrow. Thanks for your
  reply.

  For now, I only write this mail to point out that: I believe we (the
  people who have participated in the thread) would like to have a
  working solution for sarge. IMVHO, introducing disruptive changes in
  the ruby1.8 source package is not the safest bet to ensure it gets
  implemented in time for the release.

  For that, all our proposals have dealt _only_ with the 'ruby-defaults'
  source package. And... even with that, it's not clear that we're in
  time for sarge, given the apparent slow down of NEW processing.

  Do you thing we could go with a non-disruptive solution? Or perhaps
  I'm being over cautious here and they aren't such big changes after
  all: opinions very welcome with respect to this.

  Thanks,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Loan-department manager:  "There isn't any fine print.  At these
interest rates, we don't need it."